Thursday, December 4, 2014

Week 2 at the MTC!

Hey guys! Thursday is Preparation Day here so that´s the one day of the week we get to write home. So here´s a little description of the typical day at the Spain MTC.
We´re right next to the temple. Like literally right next to it. I got to go three times, once on my first day, once last Thursday, and for the last time today. It´s been really great to go with my fellow missionaries. There´s something so special about the Lord´s temples that you can´t find anywhere else.
My companions are Sorella Bowman from Provo and Sorella D´Aleo from Palermo. I love them so much! We´ve been having practice teaching sessions and I have learned so much from studying and hanging out with them. Yes, we´re a trio. It´ll be strange to get used to having just one companion once I´m out on the mission field :)
We wake up at 6:30 every day. President Lovell likes to play hymns over the intercom to wake us up and at night as a five-minute warning before lights out. It´s a cute idea :) It helps set the mood for the day too. We eat breakfast at 7, lunch at 1, and dinner at 6:45. The food is good but it´s pretty greasy (in a yummy Spanish way) so I had stomach problems for five days straight before I went to Sister Lovell ( the MTC president's wife ) for medicine… hahaha. But I´m better now. Anyway, we have sports at 5 every day (except P-days and Sundays) and Sorella Bowman has gotten me into soccer. I´m not super good, my rugby instincts kick in at the worst moments and I´ll end up smacking high balls with my hand instead of using my chest or my head or something. Maybe I should play goalie?? But yeah we have dodgeball, ultimate Frisbee, volleyball, basketball, and badminton (and running if you´re not into any of that) so there´s something here for everybody. The Elders ( male missionaries, they are called Elders by the office of the priesthood that they hold) get really intense but they´re nice and we don´t keep score so it never gets super competitive. :)
I´ve been learning a lot about the gospel and myself while I´ve been here. I´ve never enjoyed studying the scriptures so much. There´s just always something new to learn. I´m learning a lot about my teaching skills and I can literally feel myself making progress. I´m so excited to get out on the mission field on Tuesday! This is truly the Lord´s work. There is no place I´d rather be right now.
I signed in today to find 39 e-mails in my inbox sooo I won´t get to reply to everyone but I can´t thank all of you enough for thinking of me and taking the time to write. You´re all fantastic.
Final thought: Alma 37:37 is my new favorite scripture in the Book of Mormon. I don´t have time to write it out but read it cuz it´s the best scripture I´ve seen about prayer.( Alma 37:37  "Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.")
I love my Father in Heaven, I love my brother and Savior Jesus Christ, and I know that this gospel is true. Talk to you guys next week.
Baci!
-Sorella Battezzato

 Salve a tutti! Giovedi' qui e' il Giorno della Preparazione cioe' e' l'unico giorno della settimana in cui possiamo scrivere a casa. Ecco una breve descrizione di una tipica giornata al Centro di Addestramento dei Missionari a Madrid.
Siamo proprio accanto al Tempio. Letteralmente accanto al Tempio. Ci sono potuta andare tre volte, la prima volta durante il mio primo giorno qui, la seconda volta lo scorso giovedi' e l'ultima volta oggi. E' stato molto bello andarci con gli altri missionari. C'e' qualcosa di veramente speciale nei Templi del Signore che non si trova da nessuna altra parte.
Le mie colleghe sono Sorella Bowman di Provo e Sorella D'Aleo di Palermo. Voglio loro tanto bene! Abbiamo praticato come insegnare e ho imparato cosi' tanto studiando  e passando il tempo con loro. Si', siamo un trio. Sara' strano abituarsi ad una sola collega quando saro' sul campo di missione:)
Ci alziamo ogni mattina alle 6:30. Al Presidente Lovell piace trasmettere alcuni inni dall'interfono la mattina come sveglia e la sera cinque minuti prima che vengano spente le luci. E' una bella idea :) Aiuta anche ad entrare nel giusto spirito all'inizio della giornata. Facciamo colazione alle 7, pranzo alle 13 e cena alle 18:45. Il cibo e' buono ma parecchio grasso ( tipicamente spagnolo ma delizioso) cosi' ho avuto problemi allo stomaco per cinque giorni di fila prima di andare da Sorella Lovell (la moglie del presidente del Centro) a chiederle qualche medicina...hahaha. Ma sto meglio ora. Comunque facciamo sport alle 17 ogni giorno ( ad accezione dei giorni di Preparazione e la domenica) e sorella Bowman mi sta avviando al calcio. Non sono bravissima, i miei istinti del rugby si risvegliano nel momento peggiore e finisco con dare colpi di mano alle palle alte invece di usare il petto o la testa. Forse dovrei fare il portiere? Ma, evviva, abbiamo dodgeball, ultimate frisbee, pallavolo, pallacanestro, badminton ( e anche corsa se non si vuole fare nessuno sport) cosi' c'e' qualcosa qui per ognuno. Gli Anziani (missionari maschi, sono chiamati Anziani per via dell'ufficio del sacerdozio che detengono) si accaniscono alla grande ma sono gentili e non teniamo il punteggio cosi' non diventa mai super competitivo :)
Sto imparamdo tante cose sul vangelo e su di me mentre sono qui. Non mi e' mai piaciuto studiare le scritture cosi' tanto. C'e' sempre qualcosa di nuovo da imparare. Sto imparando molto sulle tecniche di insegnamento e sto gia' vedendo i miei progressi. Sono cosi' contenta che saro' sul campo di missione questo martedi'! Questa e' davvero l'opera del Signore! Non c'e' alcun altro posto in cui vorrei essere ora.
Mi sono collegata oggi e ho trovato 39 messaggi nella mia posta elettronica cosi' non potro' rispondere a tutti ma non finiro' mai di ringraziarvi perche' mi pensate e trovate il tempo di scrivermi. Siete tutti fantastici!

Un ultimo pensiero: Alma 37:37 e' ora la mia scrittura preferita nel Libro di Mormon. Non ho il tempo di scriverla ma leggetela perche' e' la piu' bella scrittura che abbia mai visto sulla preghiera. (
Alma 37:37 Prendi consiglio dal Signore in tutte le tue azioni, ed egli ti dirigerà per il bene; sì, quando ti corichi la sera, coricati nel Signore, affinché egli possa vegliare su di te durante il sonno; e quando ti alzi al mattino, che il tuo cuore sia pieno di gratitudine verso Dio; e se farai queste cose, sarai elevato all'ultimo giorno.)
 Amo il mio Padre Celeste, amo il mio salvatore e fratello Gesu' Cristo e so che questo vangelo e' vero. Alla prossima settimana!
Baci!
Sorella Battezzato

Sorella Battezzato (right) and Sorella D'Aleo (left) during Thanksgiving dinner at the MTC in Madrid.
Sorella Battezzato (a destra) e Sorella D'Aleo (a sinistra) durante la cena del Ringraziamento al Centro di Addrestramentodei Missionari di Madrid.


No comments:

Post a Comment